Acquired by Adobe Stock in January, the Dollar Photo Club is terminating its services on April 15, 2016. This gives expired members less than two weeks to either transfer to Adobe Stock or find a better alternative. It may seem … Continue reading
Are you tired of paying out the nose for stock photos? If you use stock photos frequently, you know all too well how you can easily the costs can escalate. Even if you only use stock photos on occasion, you can really feel it in the pocketbook. This frustrating situation needs a solution. In the past, one of your best options was the Dollar Photo Club. Unfortunately, as of April 15, 2016, Dollar Photo Club will be closing permanently. Thankfully, you are not out of luck. Now you have a few Dollar Photo Club alternatives to take its place. Below are some of the other services that offer royalty-free stock images at affordable prices.
Adobe Stock is one of the newest services that offers access to millions of downloadable stock images such as photos, illustrations, vectors, videos and graphics. People who choose to use Adobe Stock can choose to purchase a subscription or can pay for each image individually. It has many benefits that make it worth choosing as your place to go for stock images. First, it is easy to use. The process of filtering through the images so you only need to focus on the ones you want cannot be any easier. All you need to do is enter a few keywords into the search field, and the best images will pop up. Once you find the image you want, you can download it into your favorite Adobe Creative Cloud (CC) apps. You can then manipulate the images any way you want to make sure it will truly work in your project. Once you decide on the image you want, you can then pay for it right in the app!
IStockphoto, or simply iStock, is another great option. IStock also has millions of royalty-free images available for you to download. You can either pay for each image separately or purchase a subscription if you plan on downloading lots of images. Membership in iStock entitles you to access of stock photos and other images that are provided by Getty, a name that has long been at the forefront of stock photo curation.
Whether you decide to go with Adobe Stock or iStock, you will have made a good choice. Both services will allow you access to royalty-free images that will turn all of your projects from ordinary to extraordinary. Either one is an excellent service to be your Dollar Photo Club alternative.
Surprisingly, many people still think that finding good quality images is difficult. The truth is it isn’t, as long as they know where to look. The Internet provides a vast world of photos, all of which available in various price ranges. Some are free. Some are cheap. There are others offered at a higher cost. Nevertheless, they are still found in the World Wide Web. In this article, we will look at the top sites to purchase and download stock photography.
- Do your research. Before you spend time looking for the perfect photos for your website, determine your creative needs. Will a free photo work for your project or do you need to invest in buying from major stock photo agencies like Shutterstock? It is okay to use free photos as long as they include the license you need. Licensed free photos are generally found in stock sites.
- Visit a stock photo agency. Shutterstock is one of the leading stock photo websites in the market. It offers high quality images, illustrations and videos for every budget. Designers today use the website to get photos that will definitely look good in any project. Other websites you can visit include iStockphoto, Depositphotos, Dollar Photo Club, and many more. Go to stockphotosecrets.com to find other stock sites you can visit.
- Sign up in one or more stock photo agencies. Signing up to one stock photo site does not prohibit you to set up an account with another. You can use this opportunity to compare collections and prices in order to find the perfect stock sites that suit your creative needs and budget.
- Check out free photos. Some stock photo agencies offer free photos when you sign up to their website. For instance, Shutterstock, iStockphoto and Depositphotos offer free photos of the week that you can download for absolutely no charge. These free images usually comes with a Standard license that allows you to use them in any project for as long as you like.
- Think like a photo editor. A good photo editor considers the space he will put the image up. This will allow you to determine the size of image you will purchase and download. Keep in mind that an image that does not fit well or is not cropped properly makes your website look unprofessional.
When finding amazing stock photos, considers agencies that offer subscriptions. If you need a lot of images in a regular basis, this option will save you a lot of money. The best stock photo sites offer millions of images in their collection. Feel free to purchase and download images from your favored sites because you do not have to worry about breaking any copyright laws.